rq-sssp-client is a multi-platform client that enables SSSP capable receivers (such as some CaptiveWorks models) to be used as a softcam or card sharing client (to rqcs or any other cs server supporting the Newcamd protocol). To work, it requires a standard null-modem cable connected from a SSSP capable receiver to a supported platform device. rq-sssp-client runs on the following platforms:
here are some possible setups:
- - Windows PC, Linux PC (x86)
- Dreambox (all models, PPC & MIPS)
- Triple Dragon
- DGStation Boxes (Relook, Mutant, CubeCafe) and
- ST40 Boxes (Kathrein UFS 910/IPBOX 9000HD)
- WRT54G Linux routers and compatibles (BCM947XX)
1. CaptiveWorks receiver connected to a PC's serial port (running windows or linux) using a null-modem cable, the pc connecting wired or wirelessly to your local network and then to a local or remote server.
2. CaptiveWorks receiver connected to a Dreambox's (or any other supported linux box, read the readme file) serial port using a null-modem cable, the dreambox connecting to your local wired network and then to a local or remote server. The server can be running on the Dreambox itself with a card in its slot.
3. CaptiveWorks receiver connected to a modded WRT54G router with null-modem cable, and the WRT54G in turn connecting wirelessly to your local network.